Tips For Writing An Obituary With The Guidance Of Your Funeral Director
You may choose to have an obituary printed in the newspaper and/or on the funeral home’s website.
When you make arrangements at the funeral home, your funeral director will be glad to assist you in composing the obituary and will make arrangements with the newspaper for you.
The following information is customarily included in an obituary:
- Full name of the deceased (nickname is often included).
- City or town of residence.
- List of immediate family members of the deceased, specifying if they are alive or deceased.
- Locations and times for the visitation, funeral or memorial service and graveside service.
- Any memorable way of honoring the deceased, as by mentioning personal achievements, hobbies and interests, military service, etc.
- A favorite or special charitable organization for people to donate to in memory of the deceased.